A number of businesses and people have contributed to Matt’s cause, and we cannot thank them enough for their kindness and generosity. These include:
- Bilbie-Dan Solicitors have volunteered their services for the setting up of the trust account for the Foundation.
- Bar on the Hill, located at the University of Newcastle, have offered their facility and barbeques free of charge, and have donated sausages and bread towards BBQ’s run by Matt’s friends at the University.
- Julie Bourke from Technology Mentor has offered her time to help set up the fantastic website you are looking at.
- Wayne Fowler has volunteered to be the Foundation’s accountant.
- King Street Hotel have offered their venue for fundraising events organised by Matt’s friends, and have donated a portion of their beverage takings towards his cause.
- The Forum Sports and Aquatic centre, located at the University of Newcastle, were behind the highly successful ‘Mattathon’ event held on November 18, which raised over $45 000 towards his cause.
- Bar 121 hosted the ‘Mattathon’ after party, and also donated a percentage of their drink takings towards Matt. They also donated the proceeds of their annual Christmas raffle toward Matt.
Event Cinemas Glendale have kindly offered their cinemas for movie night Fundraisers!
- The Men Of Football for their rallying and helping raise $13 000 for Matt
- The nurses and haemotologists at the Calvary Mater, Newcastle for assisting Matt with his treatment since his diagnosis, and for always caring about his well-being.
- The Staff at Energy Australia and Ausgrid, who have held countless fundraisers and made some extremely generous donations towards Matt’s cause.
- All Matt’s friends and family have been wondrous sources of support over the last few years. Their will to help in any way cannot be thanked enough.